Controlling your personal information
Who is collecting the data:
What we Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- For the full list of cookies we collect see the ‘List of cookies we collect’ section below.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Legal basis for processing this data
You are a valued customer, client or associate; we will only store and use the data of those people who:
- have an account
- previously checked out as registered customer or as a guest
- are one our clients
- been given your contact details by a third party to aid us with any other service that we may provide.
Do we share your data with any third parties?
We do not sell your data to any third parties and never will, however we may pass your information onto our suppliers or delivery services in order to fulfil and deliver your order.
We do not buy data from third party companies either.
Your data is stored on our system but you have the right to ask for this to be removed at any time, whether you have an account with us or not.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by:
- If you wish to be taken off our mailing list, you can ‘unsubscribe’ at anytime by going into your preferences on your account. Every e-shot sent includes an unsubscribe function. Our Mailchimp service will not allow us to send any further marketing emails unless you re-subscribe.
Contact us directly
- If you have any complaints or require further information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email: email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
We may send you a cookie when you visit www.visionmill.co.uk or any of our other websites.
A ‘cookie’ is a very small file that is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. There are two categories of cookie, called “first party” and “third party” cookies:
- First Party cookies are cookies that we set and we use them for a number of reasons, such as remembering who you are when you return to our Website; and
- Third Party cookies are cookies set on our behalf by third parties such as Google.
These cookies do not collect your personal data and you cannot be identified as an individual customer from them.
- Cookies that are necessary for our websites to work and cannot be switched off. They are usually only set in response to actions that you make, such as when you log in to your account. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but if you do, some parts of our Websites may not work properly.
- Tracking technologies that allow us to track your behaviour on our website including how you arrived to it. We do this for the purpose of analytics, conducting research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment and to personalise or otherwise customise your experience.
You are not obliged to accept cookies and you may change the settings in your browser so that it will not accept cookies. You can control cookies by (i) allowing them, (ii) deleting them individually or (iii) deleting all of them. You can also set your browser not to accept them at all. If you choose not to accept them at all, our website may not function properly or at all. It may also be possible for you to set your browser so that it notifies you before you accept a cookie. If you do this, it may mean that browsing our website is slower than if you choose a different option.
It may be possible for you to change the settings of your browser to prevent just third party cookies from being placed on your computer, tablet or device: In some browsers, it may even be possible to block cookies from specific companies or organisations.
Changes to this Policy
We may, in our sole discretion, make changes to this policy from time to time. This may be because the law or best practice changes or because of changes in our service or treatment of your personal data. We will display clearly on our website when our Policy has changed.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we may collect and what information they store.
|The association with your shopping cart.
|Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
|The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
|Your preferred currency
|An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
|An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
|An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
|Stores the Customer Segment ID
|A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
|You sesssion ID on the server.
|Allows guests to edit their orders.
|The last category you visited.
|The most recent product you have viewed.
|Indicates whether a new message has been received.
|Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
|A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
|The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
|Information on what polls you have voted on.
|The items that you have recently compared.
|Information on products you have emailed to friends.
|The store view or language you have selected.
|The products that you have recently viewed.
|An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
|The number of items in your Wishlist.